Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me



I have been calling today "Black Tuesday" for the last month as I knew it was approaching. This is the first time I have dreaded a birthday, and I have no idea why! I told people to send me condolences, rather than happy birthdays. I left Provo for the day just so I could avoid any unnecessary birthday hoopla. I even took the year of my birth off my facebook profile so people wouldn't know that I am... wait.... gasp.... ahh.... TWENTY THREE.

But today has been anything but black. I wore my fave white shorts, and bright pink shirt, and put on a smile that actually made me believe today should be happy! And as I blew out the candles on a delish ice cream cake with my two little cousins.... I realized this is what I wanted.

Just some good family, an adorable cake, and some new spanx from Target that make me feel 5 pounds thinner on my fat days. Life doesn't get easier than it is right now. And so it has been a very MERRY unbirthday for me.

4 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Maddie maddie.... First off you are skinny minny and do not need spanx! Second off, 23 is SO NOT OLD!! I know it feels old in the winn fam cause everyone gets married at 20, but talk to me girlfriend, I was 25 and loved it!! :) HAPPY BDAY! And I'm so happy you have a BLOG!

Alexandra said...

Madonna wears Spanx. Don't worry about it. I love you.

brooke halbison said...

Found the blog! Now I can keep tabs on you from afar. Miss ya sista!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

I can't believe you have a blog and didn't tell me! You are ridiculous.... but i love you and your storytelling writing! Come visit me!